Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The miscarriage at six months

Tragedy struck at around noon on Saturday.
Sitting in my room, pleased with myself for finally taking the time to back-up the contents of my hard drive. All of a sudden the screen turns blue and after trying to repair the startup menu my laptop informs me that I have no system-restore dates. I sighed, and closed the screen, and hoped that the problem would fix itself-it didn't.
After taking the piece of shit to the Geek Squad I was informed that there had been a manufacturer's malfunction, causing my hard-drive to die. Essentially I was pissed off that I had lost all of my pictures, music and work I had done for the magazine-then it hit me, like a solid punch to the jaw, the book was gone.
I had spent six months writing, and it was suddenly all gone. The geek told me that he could "attempt" to find the document-for a nominal fee of $1500.00.
Today I have hi-jacked the redhead's computer, and with all of the things I currently have to write about, I somehow feel reluctant.

2 comments:

LShannahan said...

I mourn with you.. Love

twilight said...

ohhhhhhhh no.
sorry to hear that thank GOD its backed up in your own personal memory, just gotta do the leg work , er finger work? again. i feel your pain