Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Garden of Temptation

Climbing trees in the Garden of Eden, reaching heights and having visions so far gone that the experience immediately resembled a scenario that of a dream. A dream so sweet, you hold there, precious about the moment laced in sugar. After which, you wake up, french kiss the morning, with a smoker’s cough and a smile. Finally finding solitude in the fact that you somehow managed to fall asleep the night before. Still perched up in the tree, being cradled by the same branches bearing the forbidden fruit, tempting juicy and sweet. Keeping six for any sign of that snake... slightly anxious, yet still enough not to re awake. Unsure of the gravity in this predicament, you remain still, still aside from the rise and fall of your trembling ribcage as you shudder out each breath. Recalling the half crazy antics that didn’t seem to really matter anymore. No pearly gates, or smell of sulfur.... it’s purgatory...

and I’ve changed my look, changed my mind. Acted cruelly, forced myself to be kind. With many a trick tucked up my sleeve, I continue to tempt both Adam and Eve.


1 comment:

twilight said...

With an ironclad fist I wake up and french kiss the morning

you have that in common with Bob Jovi LOL


very well written