Friday, May 8, 2009

TGIF

Spent the day napping after lunch with the ladies from the magazine. At around two in the afternoon I felt exhausted. It's really no wonder, this week has been a busy one, but not the usual brand of working like a dog, I managed to only put myself through 5 hours of Steak Palace torture this week, and used the free time to subject myself to another blend of punishment-unrequitedness.
True to form I would be busy reflecting on the conversations and pointing fingers, but this time I can only point the finger and the boy in the mirror. It's funny to see how one night out out can change everything. If I was investing in a fantasy, it would be safe to say that I reached my limit.
I often wonder how I wind up in these crazy situations, and have come to the conclusion that I have a severe penchant for the drama. I tend to seek out the absolute worst idea, and lock my radar on it, sometimes the battle plan is well planned and executed, other times it's a variant kamikaze attack.
It would be best for me to step back and observe this current situation objectively, that being said I rarely do what is best for me.
This weekend, I am ordering a quiet one, and hopefully in the process I will be able to re-focus, and perhaps find the way to be a little more selfish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

keep this blog pumpin it gives something to read when im bored in the lab