Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Stock Exchange.

I think that I am really starting to appreciate being single. After much consideration, I find myself somewhat ashamed of my serial dating, there were some really great times, but to be honest, I started to feel a little left out.
I hung out with the boy yesterday. And I saw myself getting caught up in the young delirium. I swear that sometimes there is poetry in our dialogue. The problem with poetry is that it can be misinterpreted, reinterpreted and sometimes just not understood. And while I was on cloud nine, I still managed to maintain my composure. It's not that I am terribly concerned with a future with the kid, but I am starting to get a little worried about his perception of himself, his self esteem puts me to shame.
After listening him go on for over an hour about each girl that was head over heels for him, I had to wonder "Do you not know how I feel?" The black fact is that I at that particular time also had no idea how I felt.
Of all the boys, I decided to focus just on one, and maybe this time it is me.
The warning signs were everywhere for the past two months, and I think I chose to ignore them even though I was recognizing each and every one. I thought that things would be different in May, and I was right.
It may be a really great time to score some deals and invest in the stock market, but in the dividends and stocks of relationships, the recession is just about to hit.

1 comment:

twilight said...

i love hearing people go on about how great they are, it's hot :)

the only person who is worthy of your attention IS YOU so please never forget that XOXO