Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hot Mess Revisited

An evening of enchanted events was in order. I made my way to the birthday party, and two hours, nine beer and several joints later we were boarding a suv-limo enroute to the dueling piano bar.
Between birthday girl's legs that didn't stop in short shorts, both of Paul's most recent lovers being in attendance, and half of steak palace taking over a section of the campiest bar in the city it was no wonder it didn't seem safe for any of us to be up on chairs dancing. By the time the boy showed up I was surprised there had not been any face planting, I was excited about him showing up, but I was also a little apprehensive. It's frustrating because he is so presentable, and knows exactly what to do or say whenever I am considering throwing in the towel.
We ended up leaving just after midnight to go dancing at the gay bar, something I knew would be the changing moment of the night. It was merely minutes before we ran into Signore Composto, I would have thought that the vision of those two meeting would have made me very uncomfortable, but in my loss of concentration and he fact that I had a lot to drink, it didn't seem to bother me.
Throughout the rest of the evening it felt like the tension between the boy and I was abounding. I was trying to think outside of the box, and there I was locking eyes with the bull while waving the red flag. He asked me what the problem was, and it was just like one of those dreams where you try to talk and nothing comes out. I wasn't mad at him, I wasn't even upset really.
I think I am more confused by him than I anyone I have met recently. And therein lay the issue I suppose.
Sometimes it seems that he is intentionally pissing me off, just to prove that he can make me un-mad with a kiss.
I think I am going to go unplugged tonight....it's unusual that I get the house to myself.

No comments: