Sunday, August 2, 2009

After a weekend like that one...

I spent the majority of last week between Steak Palace and my bedroom writing an article for the magazine. This included several sleepless nights, and countless reedits. I felt like I had worked my ass off, so when the weekend came I finally felt ready to let loose.
Did I ever!
Friday night I thought it was a appropriate to drop mushrooms and adventure back and forth between two parties. The initial outing was horrifying. I felt so old, there were 18 year-olds crying, little freakouts and emotional breakdowns everywhere. Include the kid hitting on a chunky fat chick, and I had to peace out.
We threw a party at the house lastnight. It was a really great time, but I remember standing on the porch, feeling more alone than I had ever felt before.
The current state of the Kid and I is unfortunate. I find it to be such a piss off that he basically suggested that I ought not pull away and be distant based on the fact that Lady Oatmeal was returning.
In good faith, I decided to go against my gut and chill out about it.
But it is still really different now. I am sure that it is stressful to have her back and stuff, but if it was that bad why is he even hanging around for it. More importantly, how dare he complain to me?
I feel like the friend who is just used as an emotional dumping ground. My stress level rises, my patience goes out the window, and the tension builds whenever he is around anymore.
It could all quite possibly be related to stress he is feeling, fair enough. But that isn't really my problem, and I'd really appreciate not having to deal with the problems of others.
I am in a big need to withdraw from many relationships and evaluate.
It feels like the more I try to help, the more shit I end up taking, and without being able to say "stop", part of me takes a beating. Recently, a very stressed-out individual was freaking out in my bedroom at 4 in the morning enraged by his hiccups. All I could do was offer some water, and try to calm him down. I got an instant headache, and when he finally left, I had to lay down.
Things are a little off with the resident artist too.
I need to take off, soon.

No comments: