Wednesday, June 24, 2009

have your cake and eat it too.

Yesterday provided me with a potpourri of emotions.
I met the kid for some afternoon wine in the park, and it was beautiful. The sun was shining, the warm wind was perfect and we were toasting over a fine bottle of Spain.

Later in the evening I met with my mother and we made our way down to the Fleetwood Mac concert. She was crazy excited, and I was stoned. Amazingly enough our seats were already perfect, then we got rushed to the front of the stage, the show was awesome, and Stevie still has the voice. I perhaps inhaled far too much marijuana smoke during the show, and subsequently still feel groggy. I should have went home right after the concert and curled up with a pizza.

Instead, I made a bad decision and went to see the kid post-concert, and I think I am suffering every possible punishment.
He asked me how I was going to react when Oatmeal returns from overseas, and suggested that I would get really needy and jealous. Truth is, I already was.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Child, you deserve the universe. Be patient, and you'll find someone who will be willing to give it to you.

Anonymous said...

the kid annoys me in the same way that a wedgy annoys me - invasive and unneccessary... beat it ;)

Anonymous said...

asshole.