Wednesday, June 24, 2009

getting married and having babies...

Lately Facebook has been hopping with people announcing their pregnancies.
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have to include pictures of the growing baby belly.... I don't really care about the stretch marks you are volunteering for, also, is it just going to hit a point where they are going to start streaming the night of passion that lead to said semen infection?
I guess I am perhaps too selfish (read fucked up) to appreciate people hitting all the spaces on the board of the game of life. I remember playing that game with my family as a child. It never made sense to me, it all seemed so boring.
Graduate high school, go to college, find a career, get a wife, have some babies and retire.
It was so predictable. I don't remember ever feeling like I would ever be able to model my life after any of that.
I often wondered what kind of people get excited about checking off those moments that society teaches us to be 'milestones.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it excites me
etoile

Anonymous said...

For me it isn't about checking things off....for me its about having so much love that you want to share it. Also, my parents are ass-holes and I want to be a positive parent.
It isn't for everyone! Everyone has different roles to fulfill.

Dustin said...

Hmmm. I agree with this checking off of milestones. Both my older sister and younger brother are married with kids. Every once and awhile I get a pang of panic as I look at my life in its childless and unattached state. But then, I realize that I don't even know if I ever want those things. So why is it then that I am still drawn to want to check it off or get my little car around the board of the game of life?