Thursday, March 26, 2009

Morning Glory

This morning I awoke to a composed Italian man rushing around late for a yoga class, and a severe headache. Why does one drink so often turn into several and a shooter? Why did I see it fitting to consume a twenty ounce steak, potatoes, and ice cream for dessert?
With the help of painkillers, the crazy man playing the bongos in my head silenced, my face lost it's redness and I started to piece the night back together in my head. Luckily I was on the home front, so I was spared the ever beautiful walk of shame.

There is nothing quite like making your way home after a night out on the town. I would like to think of myself as a champion of said walks, I now carry sunglasses in my bag at all times.
I remember one morning a few years ago, I woke up at Mr. Whomever's, collected my things, ran some of his expensive pommade through my hair and called my friend, I was NOT making it home on my own. My head was pounding, my stomach was turning and I was in dire need of advil, he apparently thought that painkillers were bad for your health, over-priced Vodka however, is now apparently it's own food group on the nutrition chart.
My friend shows up, post bikini-wax, bright eyes and bushy tailed, well not so much bushy tailed anymore, but you get the picture. Ready to conquer the day, she informs me of the few errands she has to run on the way to my place, pausing only to laugh at my misfortune.
Cut to three hours of being carted around the city on a sunny summmer's day. After the grocery store, pharmacy, and carwash (yes the bitch thought it was a great time to clean the car, and even found it appropriate to vaccum the floor mats, while they were still in the car), we made our way to her father's house so she could pick up some old magazines for her next collage.
Her father couldn't even look me in the face as I stood in the hallway leaning against the wall with giant sunglasses stuck to my head.

It was on that day I decided that my late-night rendezvous encounters should always see me ending up at home before 5 am.

1 comment:

twilight said...

baaaaaaaaahahhaha ok that was HILARIOUS! and OH SOOOO TRUE.
Yes I too am thankful for those days to be over and done with, but great memories to look back on ;)