Thursday, September 16, 2010

for all the sheep i quit counting...

I have been having trouble sleeping lately. Some days felt like the whole world was on my case. My dreams were suspended, and it was as though I had forgotten all that I had made of myself.
Bouncing between uncertain reality, fantasy and a list of what ifs--I was a mess.
When you start to boil yourself down, it can quicky turn into a downward self-depricating swirl down the drain. I exhausted myself, and was on the verge of a total self destruction. I recognized all of the signs, I had been there before.

1 comment:

Dustin Hrycun said...

Here is a quote that will inform all of the nature of humanity: "When you start to boil yourself down, it can quicky turn into a downward self-depricating swirl down the drain"(Ryan Duncan). This made me smirk with satisfaction, but also sigh in discontent, because I think that we rarely ever allow ourselves to be honest enough to admit that we are not who we make ourselves out to be. I read a book on lying and it told me that we lie to ourselves all the time, and as I have reflected.... yep! It should not take brilliance to realize that I am not as collected, smart, awesome, and the most common sensical person that I have ever met, but sometimes it does. However, there is something quite nice about boiling oneself down. While it may hurt like hell, it provides an opportunity to define and purify the shit that I probably already knew I didn't need a part of my life.
- Good post! You need to expand on this whole idea.