Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Transit

With the new job being on the otherside of this city's "downtown", I have been been at the mercy of the transfer to another bus. The first bus is one that I am accustomed to. The usual mix of suburbia dwelling nine-to-fivers, emo-hairstyled highschool kids and blue collar construction workers. It's the transfer to the second bus that makes me a little apprehensive about public transportation. It's undoubtedly the shortest bus ride imaginable, but it saves me walking through the construction area that is a pretty sketchy part of the city. Sadly, it puts me in a confined space with the dirtiest, smelliest, most filthy human beings I have ever laid my eyes, ears and nose on.

I am, after all just a boy from small town Ontario. I can't understand a religion or culture that is against the liberal use of deodorant. Worse, is the men that remain sitting while woman, in heels, stand during the journey. I was shocked at how many baby strollers, bad haircuts and illfitting outfits I am daily exposed to.

I love my neighbourhood, tucked away, on the hill, minutes from downtown. I love the fellow passengers on the usual bus... I want them to transfer with me, and several bottles of febreeze, who am I kidding, Lysol is the only suitable weapon for the other.
I can't imagine living wherever that bus ends up. I can't imagine it at all.

1 comment:

twilight said...

Makes you grateful for what you have!!!!!

About the B.O issue, im not sure if its what some cultures eat on a regular basis, or cook and maybe that gets on them and as a result smells like BO if if it is in fact BO.. I love onions and eat a LOT OF ONIONS so when they say what you eat tends to come out of your pores (which i find super nasty in itself) is true...... well i dont know if i believe that I like to think I dont walk around smelling like onions... but then again i DO wear deoderant.......so after all of that im pretty sure it is in face BO and people should try and (if not for themselves) but for the sake of humanity, have regular showers/baths and wear deoderant, and maybe on the odd special occaision.. wash their clothes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you know the "dirty hair smell" which is one of the WORST body smells one can have in my opinion.. which you would never have if you WASHED your damn hair every now and then... someone at my work has a constant issue with this smell... or should i said i have a constant issue with their smell GROSS. im gonna go barf now