Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Supposed Five Year Plan.

Someone asked about my 'five year plan' today. Maybe it was the fact that this person doesn't really know much about me, or the unnatural heat we are experiencing for the end of September, but for the first time in ages- I was speechless. By the time my thoughts had come full circle it was embarrassing to acknowledge the fact that I had no plan.
She had only asked a simple question. It was not in an way, shape or form controversial or inappropriate. She could have asked me anything about my childhood, my sexuality, or my past relationships. I would have been able to answer any form of question with an air of knowledge, but this was one subject in which I have no concept.
I decided to think about it.
I don't want to be a waiter for the rest of my life, and as good as I am in the industry- I am a little apprehensive about working my way into a management position ever again.

No comments: